In this section of the website, you can view a brief description of some of our most recent projects.
Kronospan - Chirk, North Wales
Kronospan is a large timber plant with mass production of all types of wood chip board and styles. McCarthy Piling was given the order to form a number of cofferdams to create new foundations for modern machinery inside the plant.
- Drive pu8 sheet piles to form cofferdams
- Create new foundations for modern machinery
- Use of a Doosan 25.5t excavator with Movax sp60 attachment
- Work within a fully functional factory environment
The piles were driven through tough ground conditions within a limited working space. All works were very successful and carried out to a high standard. Client feedback was great!
Hereford Flood Relief, North England
Hereford flood relief was a project to divert flood waters from a nearby town. Given, this job was carried out on a large slope and working uphill, the expertise of the piling operatives was vital to carry out the job safely.
- Installation of a large 2m diameter pipe
- Works carried out on steep 1 in 4 slope
- Use of a New Holland 38.5t excavator with Movax sp75 attachment
- Lowest setting use of a 120hph drop hammer
- Protect local environment - including very old trees
Considering the nature of the works, the client was especially pleased with the way we worked within the challenging conditions and afforded us very good feedback upon completion.